Triangle Inequalities Coloring Activity
This is a fun way for students to practice identifying and solving problems with inequalities in triangles. The 10 problems address the following skills:
• Determine whether three side lengths could form a triangle.
• Given two side lengths, find a range of lengths for the third side.
• Order the angle measures in a triangle given its side lengths.
• Order the side measures of a triangle give its angle measures.
• Inequalities in Two Triangles: Hinge Theorem
• Solve multi-step equations given side measures and perimeter to order angle measures.
• Solve multi-step equations given angle measures to order side measures.
• Solve multi-step inequalities given side measures to find a range of possible values.
Click on the preview above to view each question.
There is a good amount of algebra involved. Please make sure this is appropriate for your students.
Each problem has four possible answers. Students circle the correct answer for each problem and color the snowman accordingly. A perfect activity for the winter season!
This activity works very well in conjunction with my Relationships in Triangles Unit Bundle
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Geometry Activities Bundle
Snowman designed by Art by Jenny K
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.