Triangle Problem Solving Review Task Cards: Sides, Angles, Word Problems
Texas TEKs 6.8A 6.9A 6.1B 7.11C 7.10A 7.1B
Two-Sided Problems Solving Task Cards provide an effective approach to independent practice and reteach that is necessary for mastery. The 9 levels of task cards progress in rigor from simple one step problems to rigorous multi step word problems. They have been used to successfully prepare struggling students for the difficult state assessment tests.
Additionally,task cards provide parents an effective and structured approach to home study. I have received lot of support from parents that are grateful for a learning tool that they can use at home.
These review cards are part of a larger series of materials also available for purchase on this site.
Contents include 18 two-sided problem solving task cards.
(problem on one side / step by step solution on the back)
These review cards make great math centers, differentiated instructional support, reference notes, homework practice, and homework support. Students are able to work problems independently and receive immediate feedback as to their accuracy.
Instructional Skills and Concepts Include
* Characteristics of triangle sides
(sum of any two lengths is greater than the third length)
* Least and greatest possible distances from maps
* Characteristics of triangle sides (multi step word problems)
* Scalene, Equilateral, and Isosceles Triangles
* Acute, Obtuse, Right Triangles
* Measuring Angles
* Types of triangles (multi step word problems)
* Finding the unknown angle of a triangle
* Using angle measurements to identify the longest and shortest sides of a triangle
* Angles of triangles (multi step word problems)
note: Cards can be printed without answers as needed
This series of materials was designed based on an in depth analysis of 6th - 8th grade released test questions from the last three years. A comprehensive and sequential instructional plan emerged that provides a guide to developing rigorous real world problem solving skills along with mastery of basic skills involving triangles.