This exploration demonstrates the triangle proportionality theorems:
- When an angle of a triangle is bisected, the third side is divided proportionally to the sides creating the angle.
- A line parallel to one side of a triangle divides the other two sides proportionally.
G.GPE.7, G.SRT.4, G.SRT.5
G.GPE Expressing Geometric Properties with
Use coordinates to prove simple geometric
7. Use coordinates to compute perimeters
of polygons and areas of triangles
and rectangles, e.g., using the
G.SRT Similarity, Right Triangles, and
Prove theorems involving similarity
4. Prove theorems about triangles.
5. Use congruence and similarity criteria for
triangles to solve problems and to prove
relationships in geometric figures.