Your 5th graders will learn to classify triangles and quadrilaterals with these 4 polished, no-prep Venn diagram activities aligned to the Common Core. Sorting polygons by properties will engage your students in higher-order thinking. Watch their geometry skills blossom as they place 2d figures into categories and subcategories. Geometric shapes include equilateral triangle, isosceles triangle, scalene triangle, right triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid, and quadrilateral.
• Venn diagram of two triangle types
• Venn diagram of all triangle types
• Venn diagram of two quadrilateral types
• Venn diagram of all quadrilateral types
Answer keys are included.
Aligned to 5th Grade Common Core Standards
• 5.G.B.3 - Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional
figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles
have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
• 5.G.B.4 - Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
Download an item with a whopping 12 activities on classifying triangles and quadrilaterals, available ★ here
★. It includes all of the materials listed above.