Triangle Theorems & Properties - Practice / Review:
This sorting activity will help your students practice using properties of triangles. They will classify each triangle as equilateral, isosceles, scalene, or impossible using cards with a mix of given information (diagrams, side lengths, angle measures, and ordered pairs for vertices on a coordinate plane).
The following concepts are used to determine types of triangles:
* Distance Formula
* Base Angles of Isosceles Triangles
* Triangle Sum Theorem
* Exterior Angle Theorem
* Triangle Inequality Theorem
* Vertical Angles
Here's what's included:
- 4 quick-fold pockets to hold sorted cards
- 30 cards with a mix of diagrams, side lengths, angle measures, and ordered pairs representing vertices
- 4 "answer cards" that list which cards should be in each pocket
- optional "sorting mat" for those who prefer a learning station format
Students will cut out and sort the cards into the correct pocket (equilateral, isosceles, scalene, or impossible/not a triangle). The pockets fit well on an interactive notebook page.
Then, hand out the answer/check cards. After students have verified that their cards were sorted correctly, the answer cards can be tucked into the back of each pocket. Students can re-do the activity as review any time.
*** This item is also available as part of a larger DISCOUNTED bundle: Triangles Bundle
Try these other math activities:
Triangle Classification and Impossible Triangles
Proofs: Full Unit