Interactive Notebook Activities for pages 93-98 of HMH Collections Grade 6
Tribute to the Dog, Argumentative Speech from Collection 2 Animal Intelligence
Lesson plans include the Common Core State Standards as well as a listing of lessons and activities
These activities include:
1. Vocabulary definitions/synonyms notes with key
2. 2 options of vocabulary activities with key
3. Trace and Evaluate Arguments Cornell Notes partially filled out (for your convenience and blank for students who need the challenge) with key
4. Collaborative Discussion Organizer with key
5. Evaluate Argument Writing Assignment with rubric
6. Lang. Convention Notes for who and whom with key
7. Link to a Kahoot I created for the who and whom as a student activity
8. Imitating the author - directions on how to imitate a Vest's speech through the use of starting with counterargument and using emotional persuasion - with Brainstorm graphic organizer.
9. Writing Page for Imitating the author: My Tribute to ____ , which includes rubric.
Most lessons and activities in 7 X 9 format to fit composition notebooks and in double page format to fit on 8 1/2 X 11 to save paper, photocopying and cutting time.
Great compliment to other Teach2Write Products here on TPT.