This is a simple, low prep, and engaging word work activity. I began using these in my classroom last year and my students LOVED them. Once you train your students on the procedures, they’ll be able to do them independently. I chose sets of words that my students commonly mix up.
1. Students practice reading through the circles fluently. I teach them to go top to bottom.
2. Students create the coloring code by using light colored crayons to fill in the circles at the top of the page. Leaving the code blank allows them to use whatever colors they have.
3. Students color sight words according to the code.
4. Students practice reading through the circles fluently. (Sometimes I add a timing component to this step.)
This set includes the following pages:
1: from, for, form
2: where, when, were
3: it, is, in
4: on, no one
5: who, how, know
6: will, with, which
7: we, were, where
8: he, her, here
9: them, then, they
10: of, if, off
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
©2017 iteachstars Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.
You may also be interested in thse products:
Beginning Sound Puzzle Ladders
Compound Word Puzzle Ladders