Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Looking for a quality unit bundle to help teach your PreCalculus or Trigonometry students the basics of Trigonometric Functions? This unit includes everything you need to teach angles in the coordinate plane and triangular and circular trigonometric functions.
What specific topics does this unit cover?
A list of learning objectives can be found in the preview of this product. A general overview of the topics covered in this unit can be found below. I recommend looking at the preview to see a detailed list of the skills students will grasp.
• Angles in Standard Position
• Converting between Degrees-Minutes-Seconds and Decimal Degrees
• Converting between Degrees and Radians
• Arc Length & Sector Area (including word problems)
• Linear and Angular Speed (including word problems)
• Triangular Trigonometric Functions
• Trigonometric Functions of Special Angles
• Coterminal Angles
• Reference Angles
• Reference Right Triangles
• Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle
• Building the Unit Circle
• Evaluating Trigonometric Functions of Special Angles using the Unit Circle
• The Unit Circle – Periodicity & Even and Odd Properties
• Using a Graphing Calculator to Evaluate Trigonometric Functions
What is included in this unit?
The unit includes a sample unit outline, guided notes, homework assignments, interleaved practice pages (spiral review pages), two quizzes (two versions of each quiz included), a unit study guide, a unit test (two versions of the test included), and two bonus activities!
1. Sample Unit Outline This is a two-page hyperlinked document that includes topics to be taught each day along with links to the pages needed to teach each topic. The outline provided is simply a guide – you know your students best and should adjust pacing to fit their needs.
2. Guided Notes 40 pages of notes are included.
3. Homework 9 homework assignments are included (one for each day that new material is taught).
4. Interleaved Practice Assignments In a mathematics education context, an interleaved practice assignment is a problem set in which questions regularly alternate between various concepts. This setup allows students to practice several skills within one assignment as opposed to just practicing one skill over and over. 11 interleaved practice assignments are included to help your students better learn and retain unit material.
5. Quizzes There are two quizzes included with this unit. Each quiz has both an A and B version for you to use as you see fit.
6. Unit Study Guide A list of learning objectives and a 6-page study guide is included to help students as they prepare for their unit exam.
7. Unit Test The unit test has two parts – a calculator section and a no calculator section. There are two versions (an A and a B version) of the test as well.
8. Answer Keys Completely worked out answer keys are included for your reference.
9. TWO BONUS ACTIVITIES In an effort to say thank you for purchasing this unit, I’m giving you two exclusive bonus activities. Both engaging and content rich! With your download of the unit, you will receive a Trigonometric Functions of Special Angles Coloring Activity AND a set of Unit Review Task Cards at no additional cost!
Download the preview for a closer look at this amazing unit!!