This unit contains notes, examples, summaries, and practice to teach students the trigonometric ratios on the unit circle and to solve all types of triangles. The PowerPoint presentations include formulas, examples, and applications problems.
The bundle includes the following files:
1. Angles and Degree Measure (11 slides)
2. Trigonometric Ratios in Right Triangles (plus Warm-up) (19 slides)
3. Trigonometric Functions on the Unit Circle (plus Class work) (15 slides)
4. Applying Trigonometric Functions (plus Warm-up) (5 slides)
5. Solving Right Triangles (plus Warm-up) (14 slides)
6. The Law of Sines (18 slides)
7. The Ambiguous Case of the Law of Sines – SUMMARY (1 page)
8. The Ambiguous Case of the Law of Sines Investigation (tooth picks needed) (2 pages) – This worksheet is used to investigate the Ambiguous Case of the Law of Sines. Different types of triangles are given, and students explore by using toothpicks to fill in the third side of the triangle. Students make conclusions based on their observations.
9. The Law of Cosines (plus Warm-up) (28 slides)
10. Solving Triangles Summary (3 slides)
11. Trigonometric Functions & Solving Triangles – REVIEW (4 pages; including Answer Key)
Files are in .ppt and .pdf formats.