Trigonometry Review | Escape Room Activity
What educators are saying
This Trigonometry Review Escape Room Activity is a fun and challenging way for students to review concepts taught throughout the Trigonometry unit. This activity is most appropriate for Algebra 2 or PreCalculus students.
There are 8 challenge puzzles included, each revealing a 3-digit, 4-digit, 4-letter, or 5-letter code. Detailed directions on how to prep and assemble challenges are included. A student recording sheet for codes and suggested methods for checking codes is also included. A prize is recommended for students who successfully crack all the codes.
• Challenge A: All Six Trigonometric Functions; Finding Trigonometric Ratios given a right triangle or the coordinates of a point on the terminal side of an angle in standard form; Finding side and angle measures in right triangles
• Challenge B: Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
• Challenge C: Applications (Angle of Elevation, Angle of Depression, Law of Sines, and Law of Cosines)
• Challenge D: The Unit Circle (includes a mix of degrees and radians)
• Challenge E: Graphing Trigonometric Functions (includes all six functions, some with phase/vertical shifts)
• Challenge F: Sum of Angles, Difference of Angles, Double-Angle, and Half-Angle Identities (finding exact values)
• Challenge G: Simplifying Trigonometric Expressions (applies the reciprocal, quotient, Pythagorean, and double-angle Identities)
• Challenge H: Solving Trigonometric Equations (basic equations along with some with factoring or applying identities)
How long does this activity take? The challenge puzzles are independent of each other so challenges can be removed to save time or differentiate. If using all eight challenges, plan to use several periods (3-4) or two blocks to complete this activity.
This activity works very well in conjunction with my Algebra 2 Trigonometry Unit.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Algebra 2 Activities Bundle
Algebra 2 & Pre-Calculus Activities Bundle
Looking for more Escape Room Activities?
◆ Pre-Algebra End of Year Escape Activity
◆ Algebra 1 End of Year Escape Activity
◆ Geometry End of Year Escape Activity
◆ Algebra 2 End of Year Escape Activity
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.