These 18 task cards will help your students review the following trigonometric concepts:
• Find the length of a missing leg or the hypotenuse of a right triangle using the Pythagorean Theorem
• Use the Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem
• Determine whether a set of measures can be the sides of a right triangle
• Use properties of 45-45-90 triangles
• Use properties of 30-60-90 triangles
• Find trigonometric ratios using right triangles
• Solve problems using trigonometric ratios
• Solve problems involving angles of elevation and depression
• Use a scientific calculator and/or graphing calculator to find angle measures
Pair students with a partner and give them 45 minutes to complete. Some classes may take longer or less depending on ability. Give each student a copy of the Answer Sheets copied front and back, one per student to record their answers. It’s also good to set up stations with three task cards that the students rotate in five-seven minute intervals.
This is a great way for students to review concepts already discussed in class. Print multiple sets of task cards on card stock, laminate, cut out and store in zip lock bags. Use from year to year or even within the same year at the end to review for End of Course Exams and/or finals.