This is my Trip of a Lifetime research project. I have used this as a stand alone research project and in connection with the novel Around the World in Eighty Days.
A veteran teacher may use this research project as a supplement to an existing unit, while a new teacher may see this unit as a starting point when one feels lost without a clear curriculum. I have also tried to make this unit so explicit that any sub could follow along and get quality work from your students while you are away.
This research project includes the following:
* A detailed explanation of the project.
* Novel connection to tie into the unit with link to the full text and audio support
* Scaffolded differentiation for special education and ELL students
* A rubric for grading of the final project
* Examples of 7th grade ELA student work
* Aligned to the Common Core ELA with options to connect to Common Core Math
* Link to a fully editable Google Doc
I hope you find this to be a useful resource for your middle school ELA classroom!
English Middle School Mania