Have a great time learning about South America with this fun Power Point and Activities Packet. Read about how I take my class on this exciting adventure below....
Check out other products like this!
Trip to Africa Bundle
Trip to Mexico Bundle
Trip to Hawaii Bundle
World Travel Student Passport
Included in this pack...
-55 slide power point on South America where you learn about
-fun places to visit
14 Pages of Activities
1. Craft Ideas: I chose 3 craft ideas that I thought your students would love and are very easy prep for you! All you have to do is click the link and print!
2. Layers of the Rain forest: Teach students about the different layers and have them color as you go!
3.Make a Match!: See if your students can correctly match the English word to the Portuguese word!
4. Compare & Contrast: Have your students think about what is different and what is the same about their continent/country and South America.
5. Post Cards: I’ve included two different post cards that students can use to write a letter about their trip to a classmate, schoolmate, or family member!
6. South America Word Search: See if your students can find all the South America words!
7. Writing Pages: Choose one or all of the writing pages for your students to record what they have learned!
8. South America Quiz: Test what your students remember from the power point and your studies on South America. Pg.14 can be used as an informal quiz on younger learners.
9. Plane Tickets: Your students will love having their very own ticket! All you have to do is print, fill in their names and you are done!
I love to teach my students about different states and South America is such a fun one! I get them excited by telling them I am taking them on a trip to South America and I set the classroom up like the inside of an airplane by moving all the desks to one side and setting the chairs up into rows facing the board where I show the power point. Sometimes I even get a recording of the sound of a plane taking off and we pretend to fly!
-I provide snacks on the plane like peanuts and sprite while we fly. Hand them their ticket the night before to keep in their passport book and they will be dying to come back to school the next day!
-You can also give them a taste of the foods shown in the power point. It's fun to see kiddos try different kinds of food! :)
I hope you and your class enjoy this! Please leave feedback and let me know how it goes!