PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Add some sunshine to you classroom with ‘’Tropic’art!’’
This is an interesting theme that works with watercolours.
You can do this project using watercolour crayons, watercolour paints, and even with tempera paints.
An ‘Art Appreciation’ sheet is included in this project, to be used with Grades 3 and up.
You can experiment with the watercolour technique using a step-by-step process before starting this project.
Who doesn’t want to explore the tropics?
· Grades 3 and up
· Younger students could also do this project by using the drawings included in this document.
· Drawing with pencil crayons
· Paper (Cartridge, 9 x 12 inches)
· Coloured pencil crayons
· Black pencil
· Watercolour crayons OR Watercolour tubes OR tempera paint
· Paintbrushes and water
· Coloured cardboard
This document contains:
· Complete instructions to achieve this project with explanatory photos
· Evaluation rubric
· 3 pages of drawings of tropical birds
· 3 pages of drawings of tropical elements
· 3 sheets to practice your chosen technique
· One ‘Art Appreciation’ sheet with answers.
Takes 4 periods.
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.