As a Math Center, this activity has students using Order of Operations and Property of Operations to determine True or False Equations.
This activity is reflective of the new Smarter Balance and PARCC assessments being developed to assess the Common Core State Standards.
To address the Mathematical Practices, the students must make mathematical arguments as to why they think their card is True or False. As an extension, the students use error analysis to rewrite their false equations as true equations.
This activity includes:
- Directions for the True or False Activity
- A list of corresponding Common Core State Standards
- A True or False GameBoard
- A True or False Recording Sheet.
- 40 Equation Cards (20 True / 20 False)
Be checking back at our store for more versions of this game to include fraction and decimal operations!