Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This spectacular murder mystery has twists and turns that will take the reader on a ride of your life! You will be eager to read the next book in the series to find out more!
Summary: In the 1930s, Albert Ellingham, an early twentieth century tycoon, wanted to make a wonderful place full of riddles, twisting pathways, and gardens. "A place" he said, "where learning is a game." This is how Ellingham Academy, a famous private school for the brightest thinkers, inventors, and artists came about. Shortly after the school opened, his wife and daughter were kidnapped. The only real clue was a mocking riddle listing methods of murder, signed with the frightening pseudonym, Truly Devious.
Years later, Stevie Bell is set to begin her first year at Ellingham Academy, and she has an ambitious plan: She will solve the cold case of the Truly Devious case. That is, she will solve the case when she gets a grip on her demanding new school life and her housemates: the inventor, the novelist, the actor, the artist, and the jokester. Suddenly things change when Truly Devious makes a surprise return, and death revisits Ellingham Academy. The past has crawled out of its grave. Someone has gotten away with murder again.
Unit Information – 38 total pages This novel study includes:
• 294 Novel Study Q & A Pages (11 pages)
• 294 Novel study Questions separated by Chapters (9 pages)
• Novel Answer Page with page numbers (separate pages) – (9 pages) The questions are only literal questions that can be used as running quizzes as students read the novel. Instructors are free to create their own higher order thinking questions for this novel.
• Vocabulary Handout – 15 words (1 page)
• Vocabulary Definitions for instructor (1 page)
• Novel Study Test with optional Essay (answers included) (6 pages)
• Essay question (with grading Rubric) (1 pages)