Make History Come Alive in Your Classroom!
Movies + Excellent Support Materials = Success!!!
These Truman movie worksheets are based on the movie "Truman" starring Gary Sinise, which takes students on a journey that begins before World War I and carries them all the way through to the early 1950s and the new challenges of the Cold War.
TEACHER CONVENIENCE FEATURES INCLUDED IN THESE TRUMAN MOVIE WORKSHEETS
• The download includes a Word file so the questions can be delivered in paper/pencil format if you wish, and can also be edited to suit your own needs.
• The download also includes a "condensed" version of the Word file, with information formatted without blank lines in order to help teachers save on paper and printing.
• In addition, you will receive an Examview file so that you can use the questions from these Truman worksheets with a variety of electronic delivery systems.
WHAT THESE TRUMAN MOVIE WORKSHEETS COVER
The movie covers history from World War I through the 1952 election, so it covers a huge variety of American history topics including:
• Great Depression
• Thee establishment of the state of Israel
• The onset of the Cold War.
These Truman worksheets work well in both world history classes and U.S. history classes!
QUESTION FORMAT OF THESE TRUMAN MOVIE WORKSHEETS
There are 38 questions total:
• 15 True/False
• 23 Multiple Choice
TEACHING OPTIONS FOR THESE TRUMAN MOVIE WORKSHEETS
The questions go in the same order as the movie information! Therefore, you could use these questions as a worksheet that students fill out as they watch the movie
Or use them afterwards:
These questions are perfect for assessing how well students paid attention to the movie, and they can also be used as a springboard to preview important points in the movie or to discuss it with the class afterwards. You can have students take notes during the movie and use them with these questions afterwards, or require them to do the questions from memory only.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONDENSED FORMAT VERSION OF THESE TRUMAN MOVIE WORKSHEETS
In addition to a Word file and an Examview file, the download also contains a second Word file that is formatted so that all 38 questions will fit on 2 pages. This will reduce your need for paper and make it faster to make class sets of the questions, since you can make just one double-sided worksheet or test for each student. The content of all three files is the same but I have tried to provide formats that will be most convenient and ready-to-use in a real classroom setting.
The Preview file has 9 of the questions in order to provide you with a sampling of the kinds of things asked.
Movie Questions by Elise Parker