This song teaches the value of trying your best, friendship, diversity and being the change we want to see in the world.
Stand Together is 2:28 long and part of the Songs From Schools series of lessons that make values meaningful, using music to reinforce character values that I'm sure you're already trying to teach your students that create a safe and supportive culture in the classroom.
Stand Together was written with students from an inner-city school. I know that every school has its challenges, but from the moment I walked through the door, I felt a spirit of resilience. Like everyone was playing their part to make each day the best it could be.
Click here to watch students sing Stand Together
These lessons use music to connect learning about values with practical ideas and solutions for situations in the classroom and on the playground. Through singing songs written by students just like them, your class will learn about social responsibility and initiatives like anti-bullying, the Buddy Bench, bucket filling and self-regulation taught through The Zones.
All Lyric Videos Come With Additional
Material To Enhance Each Lesson; Such As:
• Lyric music video [HD Download] *
Watch the video on Teachers Pay Teachers, or Download it to make it easy and convenient to use. (Download Link Included in Supporting Document)
• Lyric videos use big, bright clear fonts making it easy for
your students to sing along as the video plays
• Support material includes the story behind the song and the students and the school where it was written, providing a greater understanding and appreciation
• Many songs have actions that make it fun and interactive and provide a great opportunity for students to move and dance
• There are additional learning activities included for each song, to promote greater understanding and group discussions
• You will also find additional links to live video performances from English, French and First Nations schools as students from across Canada sing these songs
• You also get an MP3 version of the song to make it as easy and convenient as possible to take the music with you so you can listen in the gym, the playground or even the drive home!
You can download the video, MP3, lesson and Behind The Scenes, Stories & Songs of a Nation pdf to make it as easy and convenient as possible to use this material.