Also included in
- This bundle includes seven of my best selling literary lenses activities and accompanying lens decor at 15% discount from buying them separately. In this bundle, you will receiveFirst Day of School StationsLiterary Lenses WorkbookMeeting of the Masterminds: Literature CirclesThe Critical Reader's Co$39.44$57.99Save $18.55
- This curriculum has everything you need to teach an engaging, effective British Literature course for a FULL YEAR! This curriculum is fully aligned to the Common Core Standards. You can rest assured knowing this curriculum will save you time and energy that we so desperately need more as teachers wh$158.70$247.96Save $89.26
**Updated in September 2020 to include a virtual option!**
I created this bulletin board for a few different reasons (and it’s been AWESOME on all accounts!):
1) for looks (I love having attractive visual reminders for critical reading perspectives!),
2) to center my room on perspective taking and multiple perspectives,
3) to have an option for extra credit so I don’t have to answer the “What can I do for extra credit?” question,
4) and, most importantly, to engage students in differentiated perspective-taking.
This interactive bulletin board has 10 lenses related to critical reading: formalist, deconstruction, reader response, cultural, psychological, social, myth, historical, gender, and biographical. (A blank editable camera template is included if you would like to add your own.) Each camera is used as a pocket to hold three differentiated reading and writing tasks related to that perspective. The tasks are included for each lens, and they are editable if you would like to change them. Finally, a "snap shot" image is included for directions (editable).
In addition, there is an interactive digital bulletin board option included to assign the literary lenses writing tasks. A video tutorial is included so you can edit it to fit your classroom style, or you can use mine!
**Check out the preview!**