THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from TUCK EVERLASTING. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
MORE ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF WORD MERGES!
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over TUCK EVERLASTING. Many are perfect for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: TUCK EVERLASTING edition—A Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 12 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Challenging but Fun!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: Similes Crossword—All Clues Are Similes!
Students use their knowledge of the book, their knowledge of language, their spelling skills, and their imaginations to complete examples of similes from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 6 Vocabulary Crosswords by Section Fun way to learn new words!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 5 Fill-In Word Puzzles—5 Different Categories!
Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 2 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Fun!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and understanding of the story!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!