These two crossword puzzles are based on TUCK EVERLASTING. Every clue is related to an event, character, or detail in or about the book. Challenges students' reading-for-detail skills in a fun way and a great review for objective tests! One puzzle covers Chapters 1-14; the other, Chapters 15-Epilogue.
* Watches Winnie get “kidnapped” ANSWER: stranger
* When the story begins ANSWER: August
* The alien sound at the Tucks’ door ANSWER: knock
* “Stone walls do not a __ make.” ANSWER: prison
* What’s for breakfast at the Tucks’ house ANSWER: flapjacks
Here are my unique products over TUCK EVERLASTING. Many are perfect for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: TUCK EVERLASTING edition—A Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 12 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Challenging but Fun!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: Similes Crossword—All Clues Are Similes!
Students use their knowledge of the book, their knowledge of language, their spelling skills, and their imaginations to complete examples of similes from the story! A great way to teach figurative language!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 6 Vocabulary Crosswords by Section Fun way to learn new words!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 5 Fill-In Word Puzzles—5 Different Categories!
Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 2 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Fun!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and understanding of the story!
• TUCK EVERLASTING: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!