This bundle for “Tuck Everlasting” has everything that you need to teach this amazing novel!
When you purchase this bundle, you receive:
* A 7 page guide for using the resources in your classroom.
* At least one graphic organizer for EACH chapter! Each organizer was created based on COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS. These organizers were not just revamped and “labeled” as Common Core, but created specifically based on the Common Core Standards. Some chapters have more than one graphic organizer, have a writing task, or have a writing task based on the graphic organizer. EVERY organizer includes learning targets (objectives) and the Common Core Standard(s) numbers.
The options for each chapter can allow you to differentiate and give students practice based on their needs. These also provide students with group work, station work, partner work, homework, and formative assessments. These organizers can be used to practice skills students have already learned and allow teachable moments for skills that you haven’t taught students yet.
* A CLOSE READING organizer page for EACH chapter which includes space for students to track literary elements, summarize each chapter, annotate the text, identify unknown vocabulary words using context clues, record reading strategy usage, AND 3-4 text-dependent questions. Students can complete the close reading page while you read the novel aloud or while they read the novel independently. The close reading pages help students focus on the novel, providing the close reading experience Common Core Demands for your students.
* A PDF version of a PowerPoint with one board work slide and one exit slip slide for EVERY chapter! 58 slides in all! Each board work slide gives students a chance to review information from the previous chapter, practice with figurative language, and practice grammar skills. Each exit slip slide gives you a quick formative assessment to see if students understood key elements from the chapter that they just read.
* Phone-a-Friend activity that can be used during the beginning of the novel. This activity includes iPhone partner card and gives students a way to get up and engage with classmates. Directions are included.
* Prologue-Key Events and visualization activity
* Chapter 1-Key Events
* Chapter 2-Characterization of Mae and Angus
* Chapter 3-Winnie Characterization
* Chapter 4-Comparing Winnie’s Grandmother & the Stranger:
Organizer AND writing task
Chapter 4-Character Relationships
Chapter 4-Writing Options
* Chapter 5-Imagery & Visualization Activity
Chapter 5- Key Events
Chapter 5-Winnie’s Journal Writing Task
Chapter 5-Writing the Next Chapter
* Chapter 6- Plot & Conflict with Rubric
* Chapter 7-Mini-Book Foldable on Tuck’s back story (multiple
options included) with rubric
* Chapter 8- Winnie Character development organizer and writing
Chapter 8- Figurative Language
* Chapter 9-Character Relationships and writing task
* Chapter 10-Setting and writing claims with text-evidence
Chapter 10- Mae Characterization organizer and writing task
* Chapter 11-Character Perspective Mini-Book Foldable with rubric
Chapter 11- Conflict organizer with writing task
* Chapter 12- Claims
Chapter 12-Illustrated Imagery with written response
Chapter 12-Wheel of Life
* Chapter 13-Interior Monologue Writing Task
* Chapter 14- Character Interaction
* Chapter 15- Making Inferences
* Chapter 16- Point of View Writing Task
Chapter 16- Constable Characterization Organizer with writing
* Chapter 17- Big Ideas
Chapter 17- Figurative Language
Chapter 17- Miles Characterization
* Chapter 18- Conflict
Chapter 18- What If Writing Task
* Chapter 19- Advertisement Writing Task
Chapter 19-Cause and Effect
* Chapter 20- Key Events
* Chapter 21-Mood Suspense Foreshadowing
Chapter 21-Winnie’s Diary Writing Task
* Chapter 22- Character Decisions
* Chapter 23-Weather and Plot Organizer and Writing Task
* Chapter 24-Key Events and Character Response
Chapter 24-Point of View Writing Task
* Chapter 25- Summary Organizer with Writing Task and Rubric
* Epilogue- Two Writing Options including an Argumentative
* Theme Organizer (can be used towards the end of the novel, too)
* Symbolism Organizer (can be used towards the end of the novel, too)
• Compare/Contrast movie to text graphic organizer
Here is what is NOT included: Specific Vocabulary Words. Why not? Because based on Common Core, students are encouraged to find unknown words and use context clues and other knowledge like word parts, roots, etc. to determine the meaning of those words. Space for students to identify unknown words and determine their meaning is included on the back side of each chapter journal page. Students still practice these skills and work with vocabulary, but based on words they determine, not a pre-determined list.
Please contact me with any questions or special requests for this product. Thank you so much!
If you like my product(s), you can click the star in the top right corner to “follow me” so you receive emails about new products!