Has your district adopted the model Race to the Top unit for Tuck Everlasting, published by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education? This packet contains the comprehension questions formatted for students to be able to tape into composition notebook sized reading response journals. They print 2 to 4 per page in order to save you ink.
The questions are the same questions as in the model unit, with just a few modifications for clarity. For example, one of their questions asks, "Why didn't Winnie scream when she saw the stranger?" Most of my kids answered along the lines of, "Because she thought he was nice" instead of, "Because she was too speechless to think of asking for help." Rephrasing it to omit the loaded word "scream" to, "Why didn't Winnie call to the stranger for help" yielded more targeted replies.
1. Chapters 1-3 Close Read Questions
2. Chapters 4-5 Close Read Questions
3. Chapters 6-9 Close Read Questions
4. Chapters 10-12 Close Read Questions
5. Chapters 13-16 Close Read Questions
6. Chapters 17-18 Close Read Questions
7. Chapters 19-20 Close Read Questions
8. Chapters 21-23 Close Read Questions
9. Chapters 24-25 Close Read Questions
This product is not endorsed by the MDESE.
***Are you looking for more Tuck Everlasting products? Check out these popular activities
★Tuck Everlasting Discussion Points
★Tuck Everlasting Activities