This zip file contains several resources to use during and after viewing the film "Tuck Everlasting" by Natalie Babbit. All worksheets come in PDF, Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, and iWork Pages or Keynote.
This unit covers Common Core ELA Standards 7.W.4 and 7.W.5
The following files are included in this unit:
1. Tuck Everlasting Viewing Guide-Students identify problems that Winnie Foster encounters during the film and her decision/solution to the problems, and are given an opportunity to agree with WInnie's decision or to offer a better alternative.
2. Tuck Everlasting Cover Sheet- This cover sheet has the learning target, writing topic, scoring rubric, and steps of the writing process. It's all the important information that students need to know to complete their persuasive letter.
3. Tuck Everlasting PEEL Organizer- Students use the PEEL pre-writing organizer to organize their information. This strategy has worked extremely well with my lower performing students. There is also a teacher model that uses Bella from Twilight.
4. Tuck Everlasting Teacher Model- A teacher model letter to Bella from Twilight has been included to show students what a high quality letter looks like. The letter has also been annotated to identify the critical pieces of the writing activity.
5. Tuck Everlasting Final Draft/Alternate Rubric-Students will write the final drafts of their letters on this worksheet. Also provided is an alternative rubric to the one on the cover sheet.