Also included in
- The Animal Adaptations Bundle contains three interactive digital notebooks are designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to research$13.80$17.25Save $3.45
- The Animal Adaptations Super Bundle contains SIX interactive digital notebooks designed to support the Next Generation Science Standards for investigations of adaptations in third grade (3LS1.b). Each of the 6 Google Slides digital resources has 17 slides that provide practice for students to resear$27.60$34.50Save $6.90
The Tundra Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook is designed to support the Next Generation Standards for learning about adaptations in third grade (LS3.A, LS3.B, LS4.C). This Google Slides digital resource with 17 slides provides practice for students to research animal adaptations in the tundra.
Though many tasks can be done with paper and pencil, doing the same task through Google Apps can present greater opportunities for student learning. Google Slides can embed links to useful videos; Google Slides can enhance understanding with color diagrams, pictures, and photographs; animation can also be embedded and use to demonstrate a concept. Most importantly, students are using 21st-century learning tools that will prepare them for eventual online standardized testing.
This Tundra Animal Adaptations Interactive Digital Notebook can be used in 3 ways:
- Use it as a traditional Interactive Notebook.
- Use it one slide at a time to compliment a specific lesson on adaptation.
- Use it as independent work such as classroom work, project work, or even homework.
A Read Me File with Teacher Instructions for downloading the Google Slides File
➜ A 17 Slide Google Slides Tundra Animals Adaptation
➜ Instructions for assigning the Google Slides File to students
➜ Suggestions for how to use a Digital Interactive Notebook with students
➜ Answer Key
➜ Printable Note Taking Sheet for students
➜ Instructions on how to use the Google Slides file on other platforms such as OneDrive or SeeSaw and more
➜ Scoring Guides
➜ A list of Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts (3rd grade) (integrated into the project as well as the NGSS standards supported.
Each student is assigned the Tundra Animals Adaptations for Google Slides Project. Each slide has a specific task involved. On the slide, students collect data from images and a video or website link. Students take notes that are then used to complete the slide.
✏ Instructions for the students are contained in the Speaker Notes section.
✏ Students should also utilize print resources that you provide or they find on their own.
✏ The Read Me file for the teacher includes the task involved on each slide.
✏ Students can work individually, in pairs, or in small groups.
✏ Once students complete a slide or the entire project, evaluate their learning with the included scoring guide and answer key
The Interactive Digital Notebook includes researching mostly structural adaptations with some behavioral adaptations of tundra animals.
- SLIDE 2: Cover Page
- SLIDE 3: Table of Contents
- SLIDE 4: Researching and Citing Evidence
- SLIDE 5: Instructions for Students
- SLIDE 6: What is adaptation?
- SLIDE 7: Exploring the Tundra Biome
- SLIDE 8: Adapting to a Tundra Biome
- SLIDE 9: Body Structures in a Tundra Biome: Polar Bear
- SLIDE 10: Body Structures in a Tundra Biome: Arctic Fox
- SLIDE 11: Body Structures in a Tundra Biome: Musk Ox
- SLIDE 12: Body Structures in a Tundra Biome: Walrus
- SLIDE 13: Tundra Prey/Predator Adaptations
- SLIDE 14: Tundra Adaptations for Defense
- SLIDE 15: Avoiding the Tundra Cold
- SLIDE 16: Tundra Camouflage
- SLIDE 17: Which animal is better adapted?
- SLIDE 18: Research and Expository Essay Writing
The student directions for each slide are included in the Speaker Notes at the bottom of each slide (similar to PowerPoint Presenter Notes).
✰ This project will save the teacher valuable time! All the images, video links, website links have been screened and gathered all in one place to make it easy to start teaching with the NGSS.
✰ Answer key and scoring guides also save teachers time and preparation.
✰ The project is paperless so no endless color copying! Also, there's no having to spend hours finding the resources (images, videos, websites) that are kid-friendly while having accurate information.
✰ Just add your own print resources from your existing science curriculum or teacher created resources.
✰ The project is self-paced and open-ended.
✰ Easy to integrate with your existing science curriculum.
✰ Technology integration is being used to think critically, communicate, collaborate and create which are the Four Cs of 21st Century Learning.
The Read Me file is a PDF document. Make sure you can open it.
The Read Me file will have the link to the Google Slides file.
You should have a Google Account. If not, create one ahead of time (it's free!)
Links to the videos are YouTube videos. Make sure your district/school/classroom is not blocked from YouTube.
♦ Be sure to click on the green ★ to follow me for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips? Then visit My BLOG
♦ Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
♦ If you have any questions or concerns, go ahead and contact me through the Q & A and I’ll get back to you ASAP!