The activities in this packet are designed to be used in conjunction with the book Turkey Claus by Wendi Silvano.
The packets contains the following and can be used throughout the month in your literacy centers and as whole class activities:
This packet contains the following activities:
* Pocket Chart Sequencing: Title label and images.
* Number Cards: Numerals, number words, and ordinal numbers.
* Cut and Paste Sequencing: Individual student activity. (Teacher Guide included.)
* Vocabulary Picture Cards: turkey, tree, reindeer, candy cane, gift, Santa, elf, winter, fireplace, lights, sleigh, snowballs, cookies, stocking, mitten, Santa bag, chimney, and snow.
* Circle Maps: “Turkeys”, “Reindeer”, “Elves”, and “Santa”.
* Tree Maps: “Turkeys”, “Santa”, “Reindeer”.
* Double Bubble: Compare and Contrast Maps:
“Christmas/Thanksgiving”, "Real Turkey/Fictional Turkey”, “Real Reindeer/Fictional Reindeer”.
* Brace Maps: “Parts of a Turkey”, “Parts of a Reindeer”, “Elves”, “Santa”.
* Author’s Purpose: Turkey Claus (Can be used with any text.)
* Thinking Deeper: Four writing prompts included.
* Read and Draw: “Turkey, Turkey” (Christmas version)
Hope your students enjoy all the activities!