This turkey craft and fun persuasive writing lesson is the perfect way to integrate writing into your Thanksgiving activities and Thanksgiving lessons! The differentiated templates will guide your students through a persuasive writing piece where they will try to convince readers not to eat turkey this Thanksgiving. Included is a persuasive letter written to your class from the turkeys, asking your students to please help keep them safe this Thanksgiving. The turkey craft and sign can display alongside their work!
This resource includes:
- Turkey craft (turkey craft templates for print, cut, and assembly)
- A persuasive letter from the turkeys (color & black and white option)
- Differentiated graphic organizers
- Differentiated writing templates
- Instructions for how to prep the turkey craft
This Thanksgiving activity is engaging while also practicing key skills and writing standards. Your students will develop a deeper understanding of what it means to persuade. The letter from the turkeys also serves as a great example of persuasive writing that you and your students can refer back to to as they learn more about this genre of writing.
The turkey crafts also make an adorable Thanksgiving bulletin board display!
Resource Updated: November 2021