The Thankful Turkey Craftivity is designed to be a fun Thanksgiving craftivity for students and families.
• Print the turkey page on brown cardstock. There are two turkeys per page and two options. One says “I am thankful for” and the other is blank.
• Print the feather page on multiple pages of colored cardstock. You will need one page of feathers for each completed turkey (each turkey needs six feathers). Another option would be to print all pages on white cardstock and have students color their turkeys and feathers.
• Cut out all turkeys and feathers.
• Begin a discussion about giving thanks and what we can all be
thankful for. Model for students how to write what we are thankful for on each feather. Depending on the age of the students, you may want to create an anchor chart to help them with words.
• Model how to glue the feathers onto the turkey. Glue the ends of the feathers onto the back of the turkey.
• To color on colored cardstock, use paint or oil pastels.
• Display the thankful turkeys around the classroom or send home as a
thanksgiving gift to families.