This Thanksgiving-themed non-fiction reading, writing, and listening comprehension project is not only a fun holiday activity, but an easy, no prep way to integrate technology into your daily instruction. Students are expected to navigate through the Notebook Project to complete the following tasks:
• Read non-fiction text.
• Highlight information from the article.
• Answer Comprehension Questions based on the article.
• Copy and paste information from one page to another.
• View photographs of turkeys in the wild.
• Access a video to follow directions to draw their own turkey sketch.
It is also an excellent way to expose and prepare your students for independent learning using a variety of formats, which as we all know, will help them with standardized testing prep (specifically the PARCC).
This Notebook Project includes:
• Tom Turkey Non-Fiction article
• Comprehension Questions based on article (Answer Key included)
• Tom Turkey Label Chart
• Tom Turkey Label Chart Activity
• Turkey Photographs
• Web-based video activity
Get your students involved in their own learning, while practicing keyboarding and internet access skills. Everything you need is included in this Thanksgiving-themed Notebook Project. Simply air drop the notebook to your students' computers and let the learning begin! Happy Thanksgiving!