Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These cartoon turkeys will delight your students. They will love learning using these turkey characters. There are so many activities they can do with them. Also, they adapt to different levels since the activities can be verbal or written. Printing on magnetic sheets is quite easy and inexpensive. Once you learn how easy it is, you’ll want always to have a center using magnets. I like to leave a margin of white around the pictures. Of course, you can also print on cardstock and laminate for durability. Some teachers put small magnets on the back of the cardstock or make puppets.
The following are included in this resource:
*Ideas for activities (see below)
*Instructions on printing on magnetic paper
*The magnetic paper I find to be the best
*Where you can buy the magnetic paper
***Please rate this resource and put a smile on my face!
Here are some of the activities your students will enjoy:
* Create a name for each turkey character (Proper Nouns)
* Name or write describing words for each turkey (Adjectives)
* Name or write action words about the turkeys (Verbs)
* Compare the turkeys and their characteristics (Comparisons)
* Tell or write a sentence about the turkeys (Complete Sentences)
* The turkeys can talk. What would they say? (Quotation Marks)
* Create a verbal or written story using the turkeys (Fiction)
* Learn about a real turkey (Nonfiction)
* Create and draw a turkey character (Creativity)
* Explore anthropomorphism (attribution of human traits, emotions, and intentions to non-human entities) in fairy tales, fables, movies, video games, and television