One of the best ways to teach language skills is through literacy! There are so many language skills, both receptive and expressive, that can be addressed with "Turkey Trouble: A Book Companion For Language."
When you purchase “Turkey Trouble: A Book Companion For Language” you will receive both a full color version and a black and white version. You get to decide which one you would rather use.
When you purchase “Turkey Trouble: A Book Companion For Language” here’s what you get:
1. Story Elements: You receive a story element graphic organizer. Allow your students to fill in the graphic organizer with the characters, setting, problem and solution.
2. Vocabulary Cards: You get 11 tier 1 vocabulary cards to work on expressive or receptive vocabulary related to the story. You also get 10 Tier 2 vocabulary cards and a worksheet to practice vocabulary in sentences.
3. Story Retelling Mat and Visuals: You get a story retelling mat and 8 visuals. Your students can cut out the visuals and glue them in the correct order on the story mat. Have your students retell the story when they are finished gluing.
4. Comprehension Questions: You get 11 comprehension questions, with answers provided in a field of 3, to help your students answer questions related to the story. You also get 11 of the same questions, without visual supports, for your students to answer.
5. Prepositional Concepts: You receive 11 cards showing where the pizza is in reference to Turkey. You also receive 11 cards asking your students to tell where the pizza is in reference to Turkey.
6. Plural Nouns: You get 11 singular/plural noun cards. Read or allow your students to read the sentences on the card and fill in the blank with the correct plural noun.
7. Past Tense Verbs: You get 17 present tense/past tense verb cards. Read or allow your student to read the sentences on the card and fill in the blank with the correct past tense noun.
8. Synonym: You get 11 cards containing a word and a sentence. Your students will provide a synonym for the target vocabulary. You also get 11 sets of Synonym cards. Allow your students to play a “memory” type game by matching the synonyms.
9. Antonym: You get 11 cards containing a word and a sentence. Your students will provide an antonym for the target vocabulary. You also get 11 sets of Antonym cards. Allow your students to play a “memory” type game by matching the antonyms.
10. What Am I?: You receive 11 inferencing "What Am I?" cards. Each cards contains a description and an answer. Cover the answer on the bottom and read the description to your students. Have your students guess what is being described.
Please ask any questions you may have before purchasing.
I am in no way associated with this book or author. You will need to purchase the book “Turkey Trouble” by Wendy Silvano separately.
Don’t forget to leave feedback so you can earn TPT credits!
The Speech Owl
41 pages per version (82 total)