Thanksgiving without eating turkey – unbelievable! The lengths this turkey goes to will keep you entertained. Study the text TURKEY TROUBLE and respond in a variety of ways with this huge variety of tasks to choose from.
- These vocabulary cards can be used as
- Sorting cards by using the ‘Parts of Speech’ labels
- Writing prompts by displaying around the room
- Word study prompts for class or individual lists
- They can be copied as they are or on colored card
- There are two versions for printing.
- These posters are an excellent way to brainstorm words together for reading and writing.
- Display in a prominent place in your room and watch your writers go!
- This section includes a page for each costume change.
- Students can draw what they think about each change.
- As you read aloud stop before you show the illustrations from the book.
- Record a summary for each change.
- Then predict a new costume change.
Half Page Summary
- This sections includes a half page for each costume change.
- Students can draw what they think each costume is like.
- There is space for your students to record a description for each change.
- These make great books to put in your reading corner.
Print and Go
- This sections includes
- Word splashes for each animal and the farmer
- Record words to describe eating pizza for Thanksgiving
- Plus, Minus and Interesting facts
- Alphabet Key
- I see, I think, I wonder
- Record three facts
- 3/2/1 – Facts, options, questions
- Text to text, self and world
- Compare and contrast
- Design a book cover
- Responding through the senses
- The Book Review templates allow for illustrations and a text response.
- The first page is great for setting up beginning, middle and ending so that the second page is easier to complete.
Writing About the Reading
- Is-has-can tasks
- Writing letters- convince the farmers to leave the foxes alone
- Main Idea and sub points
- Author tools – what does the author do to keep us reading and interested?
- Interview questions
- Dialogue between characters
- Make an advertisement for the feast
- Write a different ending
- Write an innovation on the text
- Draw and label a story map
- Make a list of important facts from the text
- List the complications and resolutions
- Write a sequel
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about our discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★ Click here to follow my store
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
We value your feedback. It helps us to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login).
Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for our product.