Celebrate Thanksgiving with Turkey Trouble! This book companion provides literacy, language and listening activities to accompany the book by Wendi Silvano (sold separately online or in stores). Follow Turkey’s funny adventures as he tries to hide out to avoid being served at Thanksgiving dinner! After reading the book, follow up with seven fun activities, including:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme
4. Where is Turkey- Describe where Turkey is using prepositions.
5. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
6. Writing Activity- Create a costume for Turkey, draw a picture, and write what he will need.
7. Turkey's Book Walk- Find items in the book by function or attribute.
Your students LOVE this cute story and have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!