Use these materials with the two books by Wendy Silvano....
and ! When used back to back, they make a great transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas! Bonus**Turkey Trouble Comprehension Game Pack!
: *55 pages
After reading the book Turkey Claus by Wendy Silvano....use these fun materials to follow-up and extend their learning with sequencing, recall, story elements, and more!
- Emergent Reader (10 pages)
- Story Map
- Turkey Claus graphic organizer
- Draw Turkey in the gift box!
- The MAIN IDEA and details
- Physical and Character Traits for Turkey
- Turkey's changing feelings
- Turkey Claus mini flip book craft
- Sequencing with writing
- Favorite Part *differentiated with 4 options
- Character Details
- Sequencing with Pictures
- Cut and Glue Sequencing
- Fill it in! Finish each sentence with words from the word bank! *2
- Who? What? Where? When? Why? with answer key
- Writing Activity Craft with Turkey Claus topper!
- What would you tell Turkey to wear?
- Ordinal Sequencing Printable
- BME cut and glue *text sequencing
- Punctuation Printable
- ABC Order
- Story Elements Organizer
- Problem and Solution *differentiated: draw or write
- Make a prediction *differentiated with three options
: *43 pages
These materials were inspired by the book Turkey Trouble by Wendy Silvano.
Turkey tries to disguise himself from the farmer...and they all end up eating pizza in the end!! **UPDATED October 2019
This companion includes:
- Story Cards for Sequencing: picture cards, word cards and number sequencing cards
- Predict and Favorite Part *differentiated
- Story Sequencing Printable *sequence the pictures
- Character Web
- Problem and Solution: draw or write
- Sequencing Activity with text
- Finish the sentences using the word bank to retell the story
- StoryElements Flip Book Craft
- Punctuation Printable
- ABC Order *use the words from the story and put them in ABC order
- Turkey’s Feelings *compare Turkey's feelings at the beginning and the end of the story
- CharacterTraits/Physical Traits
- Story Retelling Map: color the pictures and use for a retelling aid.
- All About the Turkey
- Write a letter to the Farmer...from Turkeys' point of view
- Draw what you like to eat for Thanksgiving
- Emergent Reader
: *20 pages
Help your students strengthen their reading comprehension skills with this set of materials that will help your class focus on identifying key story details, story elements, characters, vocabulary and story sequence. This activity was designed to be used with the book Turkey Trouble by Wendy Silvano!
This set is great for...
- book discussions in a small group setting
- independent learning stations and literacy centers
- indoor recess
- guided reading
- all materials in color and black and white (so you can save some ink!)
- 30 comprehension question cards in color
- Turkey Trouble Game Board in color
- Turkey Trouble Spinner in color
- Comprehension cards in black and white
- Game Board in black and white
- Turkey Trouble Spinner in black and white
- Follow up printable: What is your favorite pizza?