Also included in
- Writing ALL YEARWant to have your writing activities all planned out for the ENTIRE YEAR? From Expository, How To or procedural writing, to persuasive or narrative this huge pack has everything you need to teach writing for the year! Here's the pack for you!This chunky download includes ALL my writi$59.00$94.25Save $35.25
- Writing Through the Holidays Searching for the perfect writing activity to pull for to help celebrate a holiday in your classroom? This writing bundle includes writing activities and ideas for all the holidays! From Expository, How To or procedural writing, to persuasive or narrative this huge pac$20.00$39.00Save $19.00
No Turkey for Thanksgiving Persuasive Writing
Ready to get your students excited about writing this Thanksgiving season? This turkey persuasive writing is the perfect place to start! Designed to be a responding-to-text activity for the book, 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey, this writing project inspires students to write a persuasive essay to their families on having something other than turkey for Thanksgiving! Although this activity is inspired by the book, it is not needed to complete this fun writing project!
Other Writing Activities Like This One:
Or SNAG all my writing crafts:
This File Includes:
- Book suggestions and resource page- perfect place to start planning your writing unit! Includes links to book suggestions and videos.
- 5 Day Writing Lesson Plans- Simplify with these writing lesson plans. Includes suggestions on what to do each day to best use this unit in your classroom!
- Brainstorm sheet- get your students thinking with this organized brainstorming sheet.
- Rough draft paper- includes primary and regular writing lines, so you can make this activity work for your students.
- Final draft writing paper- includes primary and regular writing lines.
- Blanks writing paper without title with primary and regular writing lines.
- Step by step instruction for assembling turkey craft
- Turkey craft pieces
- Self checking rubric- perfect for helping your students revise and edit their writings.
See this Unit in Action HERE!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Become a follower:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
Facebook: The Applicious Teacher
Blog: The Applicious Teacher