The Turkey in Disguise Family Project is designed to be a fun family project to get your students and their families involved in a classroom project together.
Print the turkey page on white cardstock. Print the parent letter and attach to the turkey. Send home with students the day you discuss it in class:
• Begin the project by reading the book, “Turkey Trouble” by Wendi Silvano.
• Engage your students in a conversation about Thanksgiving traditions, and why the silly turkey wanted to disguise himself.
• Discuss the many different ways the turkey disguised himself.
• Brainstorm other ways we can disguise turkeys.
• Show them the turkey and explain the instructions and due date.