This activity was created to support a focus on making inferences in the intermediate grades. If you were to do a web search for “inference riddles”, you will see that there are many resources available. One of my favorite ways is to teach making an inference is to use riddles to model connecting text to background knowledge or schema. This holiday-themed activity will be a great reinforcement after a lesson using those riddles.
This activity includes the following:
- teacher ideas/directions for use
- a background story on the "Turkey in Disguise", which includes the riddle assignment
- a brainstorm page
- turkey page to disguise (one with and one without feathers)
- inference riddle page
- example disguise and riddle pages
- recording page for gallery walk
- finish the story writing extension activity
As always, please contact me before leaving feedback if you have any questions or concerns.