Turkey Talk – This is part of my Holidays Nonfiction Bundle
It's Thanksgiving time! Are you looking for a fun way for students to learn about turkeys? This resource contains informational text about turkeys in 3 different formats: 8 cards (with full color photographs) filled with interesting information about turkeys, 2 texts (great for close reading) and 12 fact cards - perfect to hang around the room.
The cards can be used in MANY ways! Post them around the room and have students walk around and read each fact card, looking for information, project them on an interactive board and highlight and annotate, or use them in a small group center.
There are recording sheets for 3 different tasks: asking questions, answering questions and finding the main idea. All 3 tasks use the same cards, just in a different way. I also included a variety of graphic organizers for students to use before and after reading, as well as turkey-themed writing paper.
UPDATE: I just added the 12 fact cards, along with a "Turkey Facts" find sheet and a "True/False" sheet. Take a look at my Woodland Forest Animals Fact Cards
for an example of what these cards look like.
Check out the preview to see some of what’s included.
What’s in here?
- a set of 8 turkey fact cards with color photos and a 2-page text (without the big photos) filled with information on wild turkeys
- 8 questions cards to go with the "answer a question" task
- recording sheets for the 3 different tasks using the cards: asking questions, answering questions an finding the main idea
- close reading text and questions
- a pre-reading graphic organizer where students can write and draw their ideas about turkeys
- “Here’s What I’m Thinking” organizer for students to summarize what they have learned
- main idea and details organizer
- “can, have, are” chart
- true/false turkey fact sort
- writing paper with and without primary lines
- 12 fact cards, with a "Turkey Fact Find" and a separate True/False recording sheet
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Being a Scientist
All About Reindeer
Endangered Animals nonfiction
Animals in Winter
All About Insects
All About Spiders
All About American Robins
All About Groundhogs
All About Frogs
Looking for more holiday activities at a great price? Check out my Holidays bundle - click HERE
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories