Turn taking and topic maintenance social skills activities- speech therapy and special education autism resources with a Christmas theme!
If your students love engaging, unique activities, they’re going to have SO much fun with this turn taking packet! This packet includes motivating turn taking activities which focus on commenting and asking questions about selected topics of conversation. Use these turn taking conversational skills worksheets in small group or individual settings. These social skills worksheets and activities are Christmas themed, and are perfect to use the entire month of December. Your students will have a blast practicing turn taking skills with this packet!
What’s included in this turn taking and topic maintenance speech therapy packet?
(1) Talkative Tree Turn Taking Game and (1) page with game pieces. Cut out game pieces and place them on the tree as you take turns commenting, asking questions, then changing the topic. (There is one color ink version and one low ink version included). Recommended: laminate or stick game board in a sheet protector, laminate cards
(1) Cookies & Conversation Turn Taking Game and (1) page with Game pieces: Cut out game pieces and place them on the plate as you take turns commenting, asking questions, then changing the topic. (There is one color ink version and one low ink version included). Recommended: laminate or stick game board in a sheet protector, laminate cards
(2) Pages with (12) total topics of conversation cards. Cut out and use with tree or cookie turn taking games. (Color ink version and low ink version cards are both provided!) Recommended: cut out and laminate.
(3) Festive Turn Taking Worksheets: (1) is open-ended, (2) provide students with suggested topics of conversation. Follow the instructions to comment and ask questions during a conversational turn taking activity.
(1) Wrapped Up in Conversation Worksheet: student responds appropriately to statement or question
(1) Make the List, Check It Twice Worksheet: student identifies appropriate and inappropriate social skills
You'd also love Social Skills
Best-selling speech therapy and special education resources you won’t want to miss:
Ahoy! Following Directions with Embedded Concepts
Minimal Pairs & More Bundle for phonological disorders
You-Can Social Skills Worksheets
More preschool and elementary speech therapy resources:
Following Directions (fall themed)
AAC Core Vocabulary: handouts for parents
Preschool Speech and Language (themed preschool units Bundle 1)
Preschool Speech and Language (themed preschool units for speech therapy bundle 2)
Speech and Language Holiday Bundle (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day &MORE themed speech therapy packets)
Following Directions with Embedded Concepts Worksheets
Copyright © The Pedi Speechie. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. If this product is displayed on social media, link back to me.
Key Words: turn taking, social skills activities, topic maintenance speech therapy, special education and autism resources, speech therapy, speech therapy activities, speech therapy ideas for language, speech and language activities, pragmatics, social skills, Christmas