This more advanced version of the popular "Turn and Talk" game introduces students to advanced science vocabulary. This activity also comes with flash cards (vocabulary word on one side, students write definitions and examples on the other side) to help deepen students understanding.
This activity can be used as a review, a support to current vocabulary activities, or as an intro to the subject.
Additional Teacher Notes.
1. Make sure to space out your students for this activity.
2. Create a system that works for you. In my classroom I have both students raise their hands and face the screen once the student has chosen the correct vocabulary word.
3. Give students 30-60 seconds per word, this keeps the pace moving and gives students a sense of urgency.
4. The slides also include some non-science vocabulary words, these are used to engage the students and encourage communication by giving them examples they are familiar with and able to describe. (Example: Apple)
5. If projecting this presentation, make sure that your computer screen is not visible to the students, and showing them the answers.