Cross-curriculum units are a best practice way to incorporate Common Core standards while instilling in students the love of exploring a topic deeply.
TURTLE TUESDAY, FEBRUARY is the second in a series of monthly units developed by a National Board teacher with over 40 years experience in creative curriculum development.
This packet includes:
* Common Core Standards
* Directions for monitoring sea turtle location at sea;
* Cardinal Directions Navigation Mat and Milk Top Turtle;
* Reading Workshop activities including word work, read-aloud, shared and Personal Best reading;
* Original Loggerhead student informational text booklet;
* Sea Turtle Basket of Books suggestions;
* Writer's Workshop activities;
* Math Workshop activities;
* Home-Sharing Activities Sheet and Folder cover;
* Classroom Activities Folder cover;
* Peek at Turtle Tuesday, March Activities Packet; and
These activities were created to serve advanced first through third grades and Home-School students.
The Preview provides a closer look at what is included in this packet.
Everlasting Encouragement is working on a Bundle of monthly Sea Turtle Activities Packets to be completed by Fall, 2018!
"As You Have Been Encouraged, Encourage Others!"