This tutorial teaches why it is important to validate HTML code and gives the student hands-on experience validating and fixing several different types of HTML errors.
PREVIEW THE DEMO
Learning Objectives covered with this tutorial:
1) Describe what the W3C is and why it is so important.
2) List four terms used to describe the various parts of the HTML language.
[element, tag, attribute, content]
3) Utilize a validation tool ensuring that your HTML code meets the HTML 5 standards.
[The W3C Validation website]
4) Include the code telling the browser what version HTML to use.
5) Include the code telling the browser what character set to use?
6) List the five rules to follow to ensure your HTML code is valid?
7) Describe why it is important that HTML code be valid?
This tutorial was written using Articulate Storyline and will display well on any device.
This product includes a zip file to upload to your LMS as well as a PDF version.
Three code challenges (and solutions) included using HTML code that students can copy and paste into the W3C Validator to discover common errors and fix them.