Engage your students with “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” First, a lively PowerPoint presentation teaches them about rhythm, rhyme, and figurative language. Then they identify similes in the poem and analyze two famous Christmas songs written in poetry form.
• Lesson plans
• A 16-slide PowerPoint presentation
• Teachers Notes that explain how to use each slide
• Learning About Poetry handout
• “Twas the Night Before Christmas” in poetry form
• Similes worksheet
• “Jingle Bells” in poetry form
• “Up on the House Top” in poetry form
• Analyzing Poetry student sheet (can be used with any poem)
• Links to audio-visual file of original book and Moore biography
Click on Preview for a peek at the activities.
More Christmas Activities:
• Capitalizing Titles - Holiday Version
• Holiday Writing Stations
• Perimeter & Area in Santa's Workshop
• Adding & Subtracting Unlike Fractions - Christmas Theme
• Christmas Five-Paragraph Essay - Hire Me, Santa!
*Poems are now in the public domain and can be reproduced freely.
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT
I’m committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on July 15, 2017.