PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey is a great read aloud to teach sequence, cause & effect, and citing text evidence.
This book is also a really fun read aloud to add to your list of Thanksgiving activities for the classroom.
This Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving Read Aloud with Rigor Set includes all of the great features from my Read Aloud with Rigor Set:
• Printable Sticky Notes for the teacher to insert in the book, along with step-by-step instructions for how to print on sticky notes
• Reading Comprehension Printables Aligned to Common Core text-evidence standards for 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
• A QR Code Vocabulary Activity Chart
• Graphic Organizers and Writing Activities
• A Common Core States Standards Chart that outlines which standards are addressed
• A Parent Letter that can be sent home to make this book a homework reading assignment
• A Substitute Teaching Letter that gives step-by-step instructions to a sub on how to use this book while you're out (which means NO EXTRA WORK FOR YOU if you need last minute sub plans!)
This set also includes a fun Thanksgiving /Turkey Poetry Writing Activity as an extension to Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving book.
Here are some of the text-evidence standards that my Read Aloud with Rigor Series covers:
• Citing Text Evidence
• Defining Vocabulary in Context
• Using Schema to Build Stronger Reading Comprehension
• Building Background Knowledge Activities
• Character Analysis...AND MORE!
This read-aloud set for Thanksgiving is super easy to use! It will help you infuse more rigor into your reading time with students this Fall! Happy Reading ☺
Looking for more Thanksgiving Activities for Your Classroom? Here's a set that helps you to teach your students about gratitude: Gratitude Writing Task Card Set
Here are more read alouds from my Read Aloud with Rigor Series:
Planning ahead for the Christmas holidays? Here are some fun Christmas / Holiday Resources for Your Classroom:
WANT DISCOUNTED TPT RESOURCES?!
Did you know that you can get TpT Credit that lowers the prices of your future purchases?
Each time you make a purchase, you can offer a rating and feedback on that resource in exchange for credits that will go towards your next purchase!
So be sure to rate this resources when you buy it to get your next TpT discount!
And don't forget to click the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
Thanks for your support!
©Tanya G. Marshall, The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2018