This issue is completely free for you to use in your classroom! Keep an eye out for future issues coming soon!
Get your kids involved in learning with the Tween Zine Magazine. This is the first issue of monthly issues to come throughout the school year and summer! 12 issues a year. All issues include a science activity, writing activity, real-life scenario problem and solution, math activity, word work, and thinking with cursive. All pages give information or teach a concept and then students are asked to apply this information in an activity.
This issue includes:
* Science Spot : Glow in the dark water (student activity is to brainstorm uses)
* The Write Stuff: News Articles Text features (student activity: use 2 of 3 unique but true facts to create a mini-news article.
* For Real: An example of a real kid superhero Blare Gooch. (student activity: brainstorming a local or world problem and ways their class or school could help)
* Math Mania: Types of graphs (student activity: poll class and create graph and chart with data)
* Word Wise: short vowel rule (student activity: think of words that fit the rule that could accurately fill in the sentence)
* Scripted Ideas: Quote from Neil Armstrong Cursive Practice (student activity: They need to research the quote to discover the event surrounding and then in cursive respond) recent research has shown that cursive handwriting while thinking helps students to make more connections and remember more! Yay! :)
* Two-sided answer sheet
* blank page sheet
* assembly instructions
Can be used in guided reading, as homework, early finishers, any way that works in your classroom!