This editable tweet template is set up with instructions for a book review that I use for extra credit. However, the template is versatile enough to use for a tweet about virtually anything. Shortening and simplifying text, as well as adding hashtags that are creative and informative, demonstrate higher-order thinking skills. And students love the connection to social media!
Some possibilities include:
- Summary of a scene from a play
- From “bystanders” at a historical event
- Student opinions on a topic covered that day
- From the main character throughout a novel
- Steps to a scientific process
Included in the .zip file is the template in .docx, .doc, .pptx and .pdf; the assignment sheet I use with it; and two book review examples I did over Julius Caesar and To Kill a Mockingbird.