The 12 Days of Christmas Toys Singing Story (Resources Supporting the Kodály Method)
Brought to you by MySongFile.com
Singing stories are a fantastic way to end a lesson to help students to settle before going back to work on different subjects.
Included is the illustrated song and sheet music (in 3 different keys!)
TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS – TRADITIONAL
• This is the traditional version with illustrations
• On each "day of Christmas" the illustration for that day shows one less present under the Christmas tree and one more bauble on the tree. This can be used as a counting activity.
• With repeated use of the melodic element "fi" (sharpened "fa") in a recurring melodic sequence ("la - fi - so") this song is useful for preparing and practising "fi".
• To test breath control you can challenge your students to try to sing the twelfth day through to the first day in 1 breath!!! This can be quite hilarious!
• The music for the song is included in 3 different keys – D Major, Eb Major and F Major.
This singing story and more available at MySongFile.com