*notated for 10-hole diatonic harmonica (blues harp) in the key of C-major
Child friendly notation and tablatures of the popular nursery rhyme Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, in the key of C-major.
This is a French folk melody with lyrics by Jane Taylor.
Intended to be used by music teachers as well as to be performed by children in primary schools as instrumentals with or without singing.
Also suitable for peripatetic music teachers.
+ Lead Sheet: basic melody, chords and lyrics; intended for teachers as well as piano, violin and other instrument performers
+ Lyrics'n'Chords: for teachers and advanced players
+ Teacher's Guide – help with the use of tablatures
- colour-coded notes
- names of notes written in note heads
- guitar and ukulele chord diagrams
- chords written above every bar
- numbered notes
- all notation printed with white space on the left side, for punch-holes
No key-signatures used; instead, each sharp/flat note written separately, where applicable.
Formatted in large font and beautiful printer-friendly PDF files.
This resource is compatible with the National curriculum in England:
- play tuned and untuned instruments musically (KS1)
- play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression (KS2)
- use and understand staff and other musical notations (KS2)
For a proper insight into the general quality of the files, please download the free music resource pack “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” by the same author, available elsewhere on this site.
Please get in touch if you need a particular tablature in another key our have a suggestion for a tune.