"Twisted" by Laurie Anderson: A Study Guide provides materials for individual, group and whole class study of this provocative novel.
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Annotated list of characters;
3. Guiding questions for each section (13 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc. No answers are given: readers WILL find their answers in the text.
4. Ideas for using the questions to promote classroom discussion and presentations;
5. Vocabulary activity and quiz (with answers);
6. Material relating to the controversial nature of the novel with discussion ideas;
7. Two graphic organizers (character perspectives and plot structure) for annotation.