Are you ready for the Magic Tree House to whisk you away with Jack and Annie?
Yeah, we know. That was a silly question; of course
We’ll keep this short and to-the-point since we’ve gone over this with our other Guided Reading Plans
for previous installments of Mary Pope Osborne’s AMAZING series. With these plans, your students will dive into Twister on Tuesday
and unpack all kinds of reading comprehension skills using our user-friendly mini-lessons, thorough examples and carefully crafted practice questions.
Trust us, you are in for a whirlwind
of ELA goodness! Read below and check out the preview file to see what’s in store for you and your class of Knowledge Knights.
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to demonstrate their mastery of the words by writing their own sentences.
* A mini-lesson that introduces or reviews a specific reading skill.
* Reading skill practice examples for the following skills:
- Sequential Order
- Main Idea/Supporting Details
- Writing a Summary
- Referencing the Text
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skills, including graphic organizers, fill-in-the-blank activities, and crossword puzzles
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher. Literacy skills for Twister on Tuesday
- Compound Words
* A writing challenge section. These are presented in three formats:
- General writing challenges which invite students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
- Visualization writing challenges which invite students to describe sights, sounds, smells and feelings by extrapolating details from the setting and putting themselves inside the world of the story.
- Figurative language writing challenges which introduce and review similes and onomatopoeia. Students will then complete sentence prompts to practice using these forms of figurative language.
* Super-cute original clip art illustrations
* A vocabulary review section that will spiral back through the selected vocabulary of previous chapters.
* Vocabulary review quizzes that assess students’ mastery of selected vocabulary for the following chapter groups:
- Prologue – Chapter 3
- Chapters 4 – 6
- Chapters 7 – 10
We wrap up the packet with the following:
* A study guide with 4 sample questions and explanations of appropriate strategies used to answer them.
* A 10-question multiple-choice assessment that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* Answer Keys.
* Twister on Tuesday
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Print in color to enhance the super-cuteness of the clip art illustrations
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Following, Rating and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.